GPHR® — GPHR certification validates your mastery of cross-border HR.
Global Professional in Human Resources®
GPHR certification validates your mastery of multinational HR.
Is this Certification Right for Me?
Let the business world know you have the knowledge and skills needed to manage HR challenges in a global marketplace. Earn the Global Professional in Human Resources® (GPHR®) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The GPHR demonstrates your mastery of multinational HR responsibilities, including strategies of globalization development of HR policies and initiatives that support organizational global growth.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for the GPHR you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least two years of experience* in a global professional-level HR position + a Master’s degree or higher,
- Have at least three years of experience* in a professional-level HR position (at least two in global HR) + a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- Have at least four years of experience* in a professional-level HR position (at least two in global HR) + a high school diploma.
*Note: Global HR experience is defined as having direct, cross-border HR responsibilities for two or more countries or regions
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Exam time: 3 hours
- Exam length: 140 scored questions (mostly multiple-choice) + 25 pretest questions
- Computer-based exam at a Prometric testing center
What Is Covered?
Review the GPHR Exam Content Outline for details.
How Much Does It Cost?
Exam Fee*: $495 + Application Fee: $100
*Once an exam application is approved, no refunds will be made whether a candidate withdraws or no longer wishes to take the exam.
Package your exam with a selection of preparation materials and insurance at the same time for a lower overall cost
*bundling cannot be done after an exam has already been purchased
When Can I Take the Exam?
Testing for the GPHR is available year-round, subject to test center availability.
How Do I Remain Certified?
Your GPHR certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your GPHR credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over the three-year time span or retake the exam. Of the 60 recertification credits required, 15 must be Global credits. Learn more about HRCI recertification requirements.